Monday, April 16, 2007

Roxanne!...You Don't Have to Put on your Red Light...

Landscaper Update: After having a heart-to-heart with my landscaper on Sunday morning, he finally admitted that he wasn't holding to the letter of our agreement, which was that, once started, the job was finished in sequential days. Not this, "show up one day, skip a day and show up at 2 p.m. the next day." He "feels really bad" about his behavior and I've given him another chance to make it up. As if me and the $2,000 of mine that he has really has a choice.
********************************************************************************
And now a Haiku:
Generation "Y"
There are things that you must learn
About your MySpace

********************************************************************************
After a rather revealing conversation with one of the few daycare workers that we actually like, we learned that she only makes $8 p/hour. My wife and I immediately looked at each other and thought, "Damn! We pay more than that for our childcare each week." This immediately prompted a conversation about, "Can we afford a nanny after all?" Which led inevitably to the Internet.

Now, apparently, we aren't the only people to have this brilliant idea as there are literally dozens of Nanny sites out there all claiming to have "highly qualified WhiteBread Nannys for Hire." Ok, I made up the "WhiteBread" part, but really, it's in there between the lines if you look closely enough.

However, not wanting to shuck out $150 for every Nanny for Hire Web site, we turned to everyone's favorite "Craig's List" here in Atlanta. I posted an ad and within a day I've gotten two replies. The e-mail were both very lucent and they seemed like good candidates. But being the savvy techno-Taurus that I am, I went a lookin' on the Internet.

A Google search of the Web revealed minimal details...mostly just their e-mail with some generic conrrespondence. No images to speak of either...what would I do? Then, in a flash of Gen-X brilliance I remembered, "Ah, MySpace."
GOLDMINE! I found them both!

Let's review them as a group shall we?
My comments in yellow Italics

The first potential Nanny...
Name Witheld
Orientation:Straight (always a plus)
Here for: Friends
Gender: Female (yeah, sorry guys, wouldn't hire ya)
Age: 21

Opening line in her Intro: "Wuz good ya'll this Ashley aka Goldie. Im 21 years old and I live in Stone Mountain. I have a 1 year old son... Carson aka Nuk that is the love of my life."

Hmm, she didn't say in her e-mail that she has a child. I might be willing to overlook that though. A playmate for my sons might be welcome.
Continuing...


Some answers to those random questions that apparently MySpace posts:

Q. Are you close to any family members?
A. My Little brothers (aw, that's sweet!)


Q.What's the best feeling in the world:
A. Being a Mommy (good answer for a possible Nanny!)


Q. Let's walk on the:
A. WILDSIDE ha ha (um, what?)


Q. Ran away from home:
A. Yes (ok, you were probably young...whatever...)


Q. Done a drug:
A. I plead the fif (wait what...what just happened here????)



Q.What makes you scream?
A. Bad Ass Kids (Ok, I think that'll just about do it...)


Folks, I can't make this stuff up...it's all true. Maybe tomorrow, I'll post the 2nd one's details. They are equally interesting I promise.

Ya'll come back soon now, ya hear!

No comments: