Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Survival of the fittest!

My kids' daycare has camera monitoring in all the classes, but the resolution is pretty bad so it's difficult to tell who is whom. I'm pretty sure this is Aiden based solely on his socks.









Well, I made it through last night. The boys were good and we actually managed to get a decent meal in. I put Aiden down around 8:15 and Ethan about 8:40, leaving me to do all sorts of fun things, like clean up and brush my teeth and such. Of course, just as I was lying down to go to sleep (10:15'ish) Aiden woke up. So, fed him and crawled back in bed til about 2 a.m. when he woke up again.

If you read yesterday's blog, you know I was gonna try some tough love and let him cry it out. Well, after 45 minutes, I gave up. At some point, you just have to say, "OK, he's miserable, I'm miserable, how about some milky?" So, did that and crawled back in bed around 3:15 a.m.

Slept till 6:45 (wow!) Got out of bed and found Ethan sitting by his bedroom door and when he saw me, he ran up and said, "You slept a long time." I only wish!

Anyway, got the boys off and now it's worky time. Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Credit where credit is due. Your generation of fathers has done a remarkable job and a really difficult one of reconciling male roles of the past with the demands of todays marriages. You are setting down new inroads for the future of parenting. Men of the past never had the responsibilities that fathers have today but then again neither did the women. We could debate the relative merits of stay-at-home parenting over dual-income parents for days but the bottom line is, its the toughest job in the world being a good parent. Following your heart , your instincts and keeping sane while doing it all is a huge job. Not for the weak.