Thursday, July 26, 2007

Do you hear the words that are coming out of my mouth?



Need I say more?

There's a certain liberation that comes from knowing that since your company cares so little about you, you therefore, should not feel required to return any amount of loyalty to it.

And that, my friends, is how my day has gone.

I had my meeting and was told that my idea held no appeal and that therefore, I pretty much had no choice in the matter and "Welcome to the team." At which point I said, "What do you expect me to say? I'm not happy with this."

"Carmine said one boy, here are two." (The Freshman).

I felt like I should at least be honest with them after they had me bend over and take what amounts to a demotion.

The great thing about not giving a flip, is the fact that you feel empowered to say things that other people don't expect to hear (like that) and in return, you often get little gems like this one that my new boss said, "Well, if you do decide to look outside the company for a new job, I'd really appreciate it if you told me so I can prepare."

I'm not kidding people, these words actually came out of her mouth. And yes, she's a Sr. Manager. Wow! Either she completely thinks I trust her (for what reason she might have earned this honor I can't begin to imagine) or else she just really is an idiot. Could go both ways really.

And if anyone out there even thinks about saying in the comments anything even closely resembling any of the following:
- Hold tight! God has a plan
OR
- At least you have a job

I will hunt you down and disfigure you like Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon. (that's not quite grammatically correct, but you get the point).

No comments: