Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Random Thoughts

I was up later than normal last night (11 p.m.) because I got hooked on a movie and didn't want to turn it off. The problem with this is that by the time my brain shut off and I drifted off to sleep, it was nearly 11:30 and "that baby" woke up at 4:30. So now here I am, with about 5 hours of sleep, and I have a crap-load of creative work to do at the office and my muse just wants to go back to bed...
So, today's blog will be more like random thoughts that I couldn't stop thinking about last night:

A. A hacker named "Gabriel" claims to have penetrated Rowling's publishing house and has leaked the details (here) to the last Harry Potter book. A couple of thoughts here:

  1. I find it interesting that this so-called hacker chose the same name as the antagonist in the new Bruce Willis Die Hard movie due out any day now. And I SO wanna see this movie.
  2. Whoever this "Gabriel" hacker is, he's either nearly illiterate, or English is not his native language because even having read the ending, I'm still not 100% sure I know what happens. This might also be because I'm not totally into the franchise and don't know all the characters.
  3. Due to the fact that I work at a network security company, the way he claims to have gotten this info is totally plausible. All it takes is one village idiot in a company to open you up.

B. The movie I was up watching late last night was "Mindhunters." I watched it because I recently re-watched the movie "Hackers" both for it's relation to what I do for a living, and because it's actually an enjoyable flick (and you get to see what Angelina Jolie looked like with about 15 extra pounds and pixie-short hair). Johnny Lee Miller plays in both and he's a good actor and when I saw he was in Mindhunter, I checked it out. Surprisingly, Val Kilmer is in it, as is LL Cool J and Christian Slater. How did this movie NOT do well? Probably because it's a bit of a horror flick, but a very good one actually. I highly recommend if you're bored.

C. I've thrown out all the hard liquor in the house, and since having done so, I may not have lost any weight per se, but it looks like I have. My skin is clearer (course, I've also gotten over a sinus infection and that does wonders for the old complexion) and I'm not retaining nearly as much water. But I have to admit that there are times when I long for a nice night-cap. Especially at times like last night when I can't sleep.

Well, must get ready for the old job. Have a great day all!

No comments: