Tuesday, May 15, 2007

There is no title for this blog...

There's a time-proven method of getting over writer's block, and that is to just start typing and see what goes from there. I'm doing that today because nothing of note happened since Mother's day. I suppose I could go on about Mother's day and all, but it too was fairly uneventful. I suppose I've always wondered about people who blog on a daily basis. How do they come up with that much material? OK, here's my last couple of days in a nutshell for those that are interested:
  • Mother's day came and went with no special events. We had my wife's mom and dad over and I grilled sausage and chicken. There was cake, we shared wine and hugs. It was all good.
  • Our neighborhood pool opened this weekened. Oh, see it worked! Now I have something to complain about :)

Moms...when you're at the pool with your children, especially those of you with young children, other parents who are also there with their children and who are actually IN THE WATER playing with their own children, don't want your children hanging all over them.

Our son met some kids at the neighborhood park over the summer. Two little girls and a boy. They were at the pool both times we were over the weekend. I, loving the pool, and wanting to get our 3-yr old used to the pool fairly quickly this summer, was in the water with him. This family's oldest daughter (of 5 years) would not stop crowding us and trying to get into what we were doing. She's a really cute little girl and I like her, but ENOUGH! And where's your mommy little girl? Oh, there she is, sitting up beside the pool, fully dressed, yapping away with her friend, not in the least bit interested in what her kids are doing.

Yes, I get it that we have a lifeguard, but if you aren't interested in watching your kids for safety's sake, at least keep them out of other people's hair.

It's really funny watching kids around the ages of 3-6, and I don't know if it's always been this way or just our society has forced little girls to become extroverts, but the boys appear to be the well-behaved ones and the little girls are these noisy, bossy little things that want all the attention. Truthfully, I always wanted a boy and a girl, but I have two boys and quite frankly, I think it'll be an easier road. We'll see.

No comments: